The Alan Chadwick Living Library & Archive website (the “Site”) is intended to satisfy Alan Chadwick’s wish that his work, vision and legacy be shared freely with the general public.
Access to the Site is provided at no cost to you and is granted for scholarship and research purposes only. Except for uses that constitute a fair use of copyrighted material in accordance with the U.S. Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. Section 107), the unauthorized copying, reproduction, publication, uploading, distribution or exhibition of any materials displayed on the Site is strictly prohibited.
The archival materials displayed on the Site remain the personal and/or intellectual property of the owners. Every effort has been made to contact the persons and institutions who own this archival material in order to receive permission to display those materials on the Site. In the event any permission has been inadvertently overlooked, we are happy to make the necessary and reasonable arrangements.
Almost forty years have passed since Alan Chadwick’s death. Therefore, we ask that persons visit the contact page of this website to communicate with the archive or alert us of any errors, omissions or corrections regarding credit and attribution.
In appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, the Site may remove certain materials or disable access to content that appears to infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of third parties. If you believe that your copyright has been violated by material available through the Site, please provide us with the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- An exact description of where the material about which you complain is located within the Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or are authorized to act on behalf of that owner; and
- Your electronic or physical signature.
The Site’s Copyright Agent can be reached as follows:
Verdant Vale Gardens, LLC
P.O Box 702
Montreat, NC 28757
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.